Anything new from sigur ros incites so much excitement for me. and this time it was no different. I was intrigued by brennisteinn (or brimstone in english) from when I first heard it late last year on their valtari tour. the heavy drums, and the return of the bowed guitar, in sharp contrast with jonsi’s celestial falsetto. The music video is just as astonishing. an metaphor for industrialism, the toxic yellow carving its relentless path of destruction through the darkness.
Kveikur is released on June 18. can’t wait.
Blood For Poppies
Why Do You Love Me
I Think I’m Paranoid
I Hate Love
The Trick is to Keep Breathing
Man on a Wire
Cup of Coffee
Only Happy When it Rains
Automatic System Habit
When I Grow Up
You Look So Fine
– the oh sees frenetic high BPM set, guitars strapped high up on their chests.
– swans, the heat build-up in stage 1 only intensifying the slowness and loudness of the battering ram they created on stage
– the drones covering kev carmody’s river of tears
– pere ubu’s brilliantly quirky resurrection of theatrical blues influenced garage-rock
– einsturzende neubauten, their crushing bassline notes, Blixa’s resonant voice and their use of custom built scrap metal instruments
my bloody valentine:
dan kelly dream band: